Tuesday, October 21, 2008

P.S.

Having been told it's okay to nix the book, I have a feeling it might be because of an episode last week. One of those 2nd grade classes were at their peak evilness. With about 20 minutes left in class, I'd had enough. I lost it. This has only happened on very few prior occasions, but this was the worst. I slammed my hands down on my desk, quickly quieting the room. I immediately kicked 2 girls out. They stared, astonished. "OUT NOW!" My co-teacher, who is supposed to be responsible for discipline, did what she does best, nothing. I informed the class that all stamps (remember, their crack) were being retracted. Furthermore, for the rest of the class, not a word is to be uttered and they were to copy the lesson from the book, word for word.

"Finishee teacher," many of the students said 10 minutes later.
"Do it again. Do it until I say stop."

Apparently, two rather bratty girls thought this not applicable to them. What an unfortunate mistake.

"Do not dare or try me, ladies. You will not win."

They worked until the bell rang.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha, yesterday my noisy idiot class would not shut up. I saw a couple boys in the back reading and passing notes. I went back, slammed my book on a desk, grabbed the note, and threw it at a kid.

I went back to the front of the class, grabbed my dictionary and said:

"The word in English . . . . is respect."

By this time I had found the Korean version:

"chon-gyong ha-da!"

They were silent for the remainder. I hate getting angry,especially when the co just stands/sits there.