Tuesday, October 21, 2008

o..........k...............

I found myself back in the doctor's office yesterday. Seeing as it's a women's health clinic, I was surrounded by many a Korean woman about to pop. I tried as I might to focus on my book I thankfully thought to bring along, but suddenly found that task quite impossible. The woman sitting rather close to me in the next chair, got up, bent down, and proceeded to pull the pants down of her 3 or 4 year old son that was standing directly in front of me. She then had him urinate right there into an empty bottle she pulled out of her bag. RIGHT THERE! Please let me emphasize, that he was standing less than a foot away from me. My mouth, naturally, hung open for the initial shock. The bathroom was directly around the corner. RIGHT THERE!

Am I completely in the dark of what is the norm in motherhood? Women's clinics? Am I being ridiculous in being so shocked? Wow.

No comments: