On Thursday and Friday afternoons I teach an after school program. Typically, it's just 3-5 girls that show up, but they are very good with their English and are very eager to learn more. Often, I will have them chat on my Gmail account with David (at the risk of the potential bad influence), which they love, especially when he constantly tells them to hit me, which apparently is hilarious. However, it's still practice for them to write. They wanted my email address, and not knowing if that was okay or not, I did it anyway. Last night, I received this:
Hi Lindsay?
I'm Hanee.
I don't want that we will stop the class after scholl.
I like it so much.
I want to talk with David, too.
I think he is so humor man.
So, I like him.
And I was so happy talk with you.
It was so cheerful.
If I wron speaking, writing, expression, tell me and correct it, please.
It is 11:41.
Mom say "Hanee, go to sleep."
Bye ~ Next to see you Lindsay.
Love her. For those of you that ever met Kelsey's old friend, Kathy, she looks exactly like her. Just a tiny little thing. Because their English is good, I'm able to do some activities that are a little more fun and interesting, or at least for me. Last Friday, I had them do debates. Well, first I taught them the word debate. Hanee and Gina debated over Summer vs Winter. Hanee's last argument was that "Summer is better because Winter makes your skin haggard." She said haggard. I don't even say that. In the next debate, Gina and Somin went head to head over their school uniforms. Somin said she likes them because they hide their insecurities. Wow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment