Friday, June 27, 2008

A Note ...

One of the students that frequents my classroom throughout the day, came in giggling at the end of the day yesterday. She handed me a nice folded little note that read (with no editting):

Hi ~ Linch
My name is Hwa-jin jo
You are so nice
You are more than Engilsh time is funny and
happy.
I like you but I can't Engilsh
So I sad
If you go U.S.A so
I so sad
and you like I so I happy
thank you
I like you so much

-Hwa-jin jo


Side Note: There is no such syllable here as just the "ch" sound. You must add an "ee" to the end of each of the according words. Ex. Beach = Beachee; Lunch=Lunchee; Bozanich=Bozanichee

They will have no idea what you're talking about until you do this. Last time, Dave and I tried to get a cab to Gwangalli Beach, and he looked lost. Once we asked to go to Gwangalli Beachee, then he knew exactly what we wanted. Makes perfect sense

No comments: