Yesterday, Dad and I went up to Seattle to the Korean Embassy and got my E-2 Visa! YAY!!
Man, what a headache though! The lady I've been working with in Korea told me specifically that I did not need to bring my college transcripts with me to obtain the visa. However, that did not so much turn out to be true. The Korean lady gave me a lot of patience and understanding though. I printed off unofficial documents on their back computer, but documents coming from 2 school made her nervous. So I got on the phone with PSU, where my saint, Angie, wrote a letter to the Embassy, which they accepted and gave me the visa! Whew!
After all of that madness, we went out to Snoqualmie and visited Aunt Bonnie, Hugh, Emma, and Big C. Unfortunately, they'll be out of town and unable to make it to the party this weekend. It was awesome to see them!
As soon as I got home last night, I jumped on the computer and purchased my ticket. I've never bought a one-way ticket before. This one-way was exactly twice as much as my roundtrip one was last month. Geeeeeeezzzz. But anyway, I'll be leaving this coming Monday, June 23rd at 2:30pm. AH! I'll be connecting in Tokyo and then arrive in Busan Tuesday at 8:45pm. There, I will be picked up by my co-teacher, who will take me to my apartment, and show me around my district. Did I say AHHHHH yet?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment