Sunday, August 23, 2009

Some Randoms

Said the African American gentleman to Lindsay, "Are you part Asian?"
To which she replied, "No, are you?"
WTF?


I had my palm read by a customer at work today. He told me he comes from a long line of palm readers in Sri Lanka. I bought him a Mango Lemonade as he held my right, open palm. Quickly, he looks up, "You don't belong here."
"You're telling me, buddy ..."
"It will be 3 more years in Oregon for you, though." He described the love of my life I'll be meeting a year from now. Interesting, indeed ... possibly might need to have some "talks" now. Despite being a very smily fellow, his face grew sullen as he inquired, "What else do you WANT to know?"
I patted him on the back as I retreated, "Enjoy your lemonade."


I've had 3 speeding tickets in my whole life, 2 of which were within 10 days of each other in the last month. Yikes. Along with these 2 speeding tickets, I received a citation for $100 for failure to update my address on my license and $250 for an expired insurance card. Grrrrr... For those of you unaware, this is AFTER my car was towed from outside my cello lesson about 6 weeks ago. Yup, walked out of the studio on Hawthorne, intending on going up to the Bagdad to meet my date, and my car was GONE. I called the police to report it stolen, when they informed me that it'd been towed for unpaid parking tickets. "But officer, I'm on a payment plan to take care of those." Unbeknownst to me, this did not alleviate any tow warrants. Yikes! So, I was instructed to pay the $1200 --- YES TWELVE HUNDRED DOLLARS --- within 2 weeks or it was going to be auctioned! Oh man. My date, Drummer Boy, came down to get me. He asked if I'd like him to take me home. In a fit of rage, I snapped, "No! I want to walk home to North Plains" or something along that line. Luckily, he was a lot nicer to me than I was to him.

No comments: